Welcome to the Financial Aid Information Page!

We know that anxiety over the Financial Aid process can cause stress for students.  We hope that we can provide you with the information that you need to make decisions that are best for you and help to meet the financial needs of your educational goals.

Summer’s On Us

Register for fall 2024 and receive two free summer 2024 classes (Tuition*+ Academic Fees) 

To be eligible:  

  • Complete the 2024-25 FAFSA form by the June 15, 2024 preferred deadline & be matriculated into a program 
  • Demonstrate financial need  
  • Be NH students in good standing and enrolled in a program 
  • Be registered at a CCSNH college for fall 2024 for at least 9 credits by July 1, 2024 or completing a program in summer 2024 

CCSNH is offering an unprecedented opportunity for NH residents! If you enroll for 9 credits for fall 2024 you can qualify for two free summer classes*. This is a great opportunity for new high school graduates and those who have previously attended college but not completed a degree to get a head start on their fall program of study. 

This offer is also available for CCSNH students who are completing a program in summer 2024!

 *Up to 8 credits
Summer’s on us FAQ’s

The CCSNH Promise Program:

The CCSNH Promise Program is a need-based financial assistance for NH residents enrolled in courses that are part of an academic degree or certificate program (River Valley Community College Programs). It bridges the gap between other grants, tuition and required comprehensive fees at all of New Hampshire’s community colleges. Potential recipients need to complete the FAFSA, be Pell-eligible, and enroll in at least six credits per semester. Promise Program eligibility details

What Is Financial Aid?

Student Financial Aid is financial assistance for students taking at least 6 credits per semester. Your FAFSA can help to determine your eligibility.  There are four types of aid that eligible students may access, this aid can include:

Students must update their FAFSA every year, after October 1.

Who Gets Financial Aid?

Every student who meets certain eligibility requirements can get some type of federal student aid.   

Some of the most basic eligibility requirements for students are:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
  • Demonstrate financial need (for most programs)
  • Have a valid Social Security number (some exceptions apply)
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate program
  • Be enrolled at least half-time (for most programs)
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress in college, career school, or graduate school

For the full list of eligibility requirements, visit StudentAid.gov/eligibility.

How Do I Apply For Financial Aid?

  1. Complete your FAFSA through the  Federal Student Aid website.
  2. Don’t forget to visit our Scholarship Page and sign up for an Award Spring account. Contact us if you’re interested in school or state grants.
  3. If you are a dependent student (age 24 and under, regardless of where you live*) you will need to provide your income tax information, along with your parents on the FAFSA. * There are some exceptions, please contact the financial aid office to learn more. Or, visit StudentAid.gov/dependency.
  4. If you are an independent student (age 25 and above, regardless of where you live) you will need to provide only your income tax information on the FAFSA.  
  5. Free help is available at any time during the application process. Online help is available while you complete your application at fafsa.gov. You can also get free information and help from your school counselor, the financial aid office at RVCC, (603.542.7744 option 2, or by email: [email protected]) or the U.S. Department of Education at StudentAid.gov or 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). 
  6. Your FAFSA information has to be correct to ensure that you receive your aid promptly and in the right amount.
  7. Always respond to (or act upon) any correspondence your school sends you—and meet all deadlines so that your aid is not delayed.
  8. Tuition is due two weeks before each semester.  If this is the first time that you have completed a FAFSA, or you are completing your annual renewal, please leave yourself plenty of time to complete the process.
  9. After you submit your FAFSA form, you’ll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) that summarizes the data you submitted. If you provided a valid email address in your application, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to access an online copy of your SAR within three days (if you apply at fafsa.gov or through the myStudentAid mobile app) or three weeks (if you mail in a paper FAFSA form).
    When you receive your SAR, review it to make sure you didn’t make any mistakes on your FAFSA form.
  10. Visit the Federal Student Aid YouTube Channel and subscribe to view short, informative, and helpful videos on every stage of the Federal Student Aid application process, loan information, and repayment (such as the video below on the FAFSA application process).
  11. Your financial aid will not be disbursed until 6 – 8 weeks into each semester.
Complete Your FAFSA
Click Here
Learn About the Federal Work Study Program
Click Here
Learn More About Grants
Click Here
Sign Up for an Award Spring Scholarship Account
Click Here
Need a Financial Aid Form?
Click Here
Access the Federal Student Aid Loan Guide
Click Here
Previous slide
Next slide
chat loading...

Bookstore Update

The RVCC Book Store has moved online. You can still access all your books and materials by ordering them through the website and they will be shipped to your home for FREE. 

Students may use financial aid funds to purchase their books. The student’s financial aid application must be complete and the student must opt in to the book voucher process. 

Students may begin using financial aid funds typically two weeks before the term start. 

You can access the website 24/7 to order books. 

The physical store on the Claremont campus has closed. If you prefer to shop in person, you can visit the Follett Store at NHTI.

Email [email protected] or call 603-224-8231

Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF)

*Update – As of 2/8/2023, all HEERF funds have been allocated.*